This will be a comprehensive, in-depth strategic analysis, presented in an appropriate business report form that will involve extensive critique of the company of choice (Under Armour) strategic strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). This extensive analysis will involve all the functional areas of the business in assessing competitive situation and its outlook. The student will be required to serve as an internal and/or external consultant to vested stakeholders who have asked the consultant to assess the organization’s competitive potential and future viability.
• Background/Introduction (Outline how the company started, its current state, and the company’s outlook) (2 pages)
• Management Analysis (8 Pages) (1 chart depicting the hierarchy management system of Under Armour and the personnel (CEO, Chief Human Resources Officer, Chief Marketing Officer etc.)
• Marketing Analysis (8 Pages) (this section should highlight key elements of Under Amour’s marketing strategies such as the recent success of Stephen Curry, Cam Newton, Jordan Spieth among other athletes.
• Finance and Accounting Analysis (8 Pages) (4-6 Graphs/Charts depicting key financial statements from the past 3 years)
• Operations analysis – How does Under Armour operates in comparison to its competitors (4 Pages)
Other elements that should be included in the report/paper
• Environmental Scan (Internal and External) (1 Page each)
• SWOT Analysis (3 Pages)
• Porter’s Five (5) forces Model – (3 Pages) (1 diagram to illustrate how this model applies to Under Armour and its marketplace)
• Recommendations, and Implementation Strategies (at the conclusion of the report) (1 Page Recommendation, 1 Page Implementation Strategy)
• Executive Summary (1 Page) – This should be a brief overview of all the different components entailed in the comprehensive report.
• Letter of Transmittal – (address to Kevin Plank CEO of Under Armour) The Transmittal letter should be one (1) page long, 3 paragraphs (Introduction, Meat/Details, Conclusion).