1. The impact of workplace injury is wide reaching. Discuss in 50 to 80 words.
2. How is the integrity (validity) of information ensured? Discuss 50 to 80 words.
3. List three sources of health and safety information in your state/ territory.
1. Why is it important that all workers have access to health and safety information? Discuss in 80 to 100 words.
2. If a worker had made suggestion to improvement for the design, development and management of health and safety in a comoany in which they worked, how could they go about having them ratified and implemented by senior management? Discuss in 80 to 100 words.
3. Before submitting strategies for the design , development and management of health and safety to senior management for approval, should the worker consult with the members of their team/ department to get their imput? Why/ why not? Discuss in 100 to 120 words.
1. Where might information about hazards and the outcomes of risk assessment and control result from? Discuss in 120 words and 150 words
2. List five ways that PCBUs can provide clear explanation to work teams about identified hazards about the outcomes of risk assessment and control.
1. what types of changes in the workplace would benefit from consultation between PCBUs and workers ( or their representatives)? Discuss in 150 to 180 words.
2. What are the benefits of consulting with workers about health and safety issues? Discuss in 120 to 150 words.
Explain (50-80 words) the role of the HSR in each of these consultation procedures:
1. Attendance at team meetings.
2. Early response to work suggestions, requests, reports, and concerns put forward to management.
3. Requirements as specified in Commonwealth and state/ territory legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
1. What strategies can PCBUs use to consult with workers on health and safety issues? Discuss in 80 to 100 words.
2. Health and safety issues raised through consultation should be dealth with promptly. Why is this? Discuss in 120- 150 words
Create a meeting agenda template suitable for a HSC
2. Create a meeting minute template suitable for HSC.
1. What is training needs analysis and how can it be conducted? Discuss in 100- 120 words.
2. What tools can be used to identify the skills a worker needs? Discuss in 100- 120 words.
3. What are the 6 steps in developing a training program?
Your team is concerned that they have insufficient knowledge/ understanding of safety procedures and legislative requirement in your workplace. They also feel that the incidence od accident in your section is higher than it should be. They have asked you to submit, to senior management, a proposal for a formal health and safety training program.
1.what information would you include in the proposal and how would you encourage senior management to support this initiative? What procedures would you follow in gathering data and information to support your proposal? How likely is it that this or a similar proposal would be accepted in your workplace? Discuss in 120-150 words
2. what critical information must be contained in a new worker induction program? Discuss in 50-80 words.
3. Why is only providing induction training and no follow-on-training unsatisfactory? Discuss in 50- 80 words.
1. What are the benefits of evaluating training to both workers and the organisation? Discuss in 80-100 words.
2. When evaluating health and safety training, how can you determine the appropriateness and effectiveness of the training? Discuss in 80-100 words.
3. What should be evaluated in relation to a health and safety training program? Discuss in 150- 180 words.
Your organisation had identified and increase in injuries to workers who use the new plant. You are responsible for training in the area where the injuries occur. Your rate (for the exercise) is $360 per day. A training need analysis concludes a training program will reduce the injury rate.
• The training needs analysis will take two days. Including reporting to management
• It will take you dfive days to develop the training program
• You can get a good training video at a cost of $375
• You will need to hire a TV/ video for each session, cost $120
• Handouts will cost $12 per participant
• Management wants you to conduct the training at a venue that cost $195 per day
• Catering is available, $25 per participants per day
• You will deliever the training
• Lost production is costed at $320 per day per participant
You will train 20 workers in fice groups. Each course runs for one day. Administrative support works out at $28 per participant
Calculate the cost of training.
1. What is difference between a risk and a hazard? Discuss in 50 -80 words.
2. Create a 1 page checklist for a managers/ supervisor to assist them with the identification of hazards.
1. Why should organisations have comprehensive risk assessment procedures? Discuss in 50-80 words
2. A hazard had been assessed as being unlikely, but would have major consequences. Using the risk matrix, identify the risk and what it means to the organisation