Skip to content
- Develop a report of 10–12 pages detailing how information technology systems can be used to analyze organizational data for a health care organization.
- This should include types of systems where data may be retrieved and how IT and various applications can be used to aggregate and analyze the data to understand issues, identify root causes, and document progress related to implemented changes, patient progress, quality assurance, and compliance.
- Make sure to address the following questions:• With plenty of data stored on computer systems, data should not be a problem, but access to the data and sharing of information may have implications under federal regulations. What precautions might you suggest when handling health care data? Be sure to apply current trends in health care from proven sources and models.
• Consider the support capabilities of a typical health care operation and where employees may access data of various types related to patient needs. What might be accessed, and what controls may be needed to protect patient data?
• From a departmental perspective, consider the role of the health information manager (HIM). What qualifications and experience would be needed for your specific health care setting? What functions and role would the HIM have in regard to this organization’s medical records?
• As technology advances, what compliance issues and regulations do health care managers at this organization need to be on top of? Consider the impact of falling behind the technology curve not only in terms of productivity but regulatory compliance. What role do the Affordable Care and Patient Protection Acts have on the implementation and use.