Required Textbooks & Materials Robbins, S. P. & Judge, T. A. (2015). Organizational behavior (16th Ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc
1. Please identify the six leader traits (characteristics) that you believe are the most effective. Also, please identify the reasons that trait theorists became discouraged and began working on behavioral theories of effective
leadership. Finally, please share your response, including defending your answer, to the question; “Is the trait theory of leadership dead?’’
2. Please describe both ‘task’ and ‘relationship’ leader behavior. Also, using the Blake & Mouton Leadership Grid, please discuss why these behaviors are thought to be interdependent (complementary).
3. Please graph both the Blake & Mouton Leadership Grid and Hersey & Blanchard’s Situational Leadership Model. Also, please identify and discuss the similarities and differences of the two models of leadership. Finally, please
identify and describe why the Situational Leadership Model is thought to be a contingency model, including identifying the contingency factors that guide the leader’s behaviors with each subordinate.
4. Please identify and describe the ‘centerpiece’ of the LMX Theory of Leadership. Also, please discuss the more recent management thought, regarding the ‘In-group’ and the ‘Out-group.’ Finally, please identify the effectiveness
of the LMX Theory, using the specific research findings.
5. Please identify the foundational premises of Transformational Leadership. Also, please identify and describe the specific leader behaviors of a ‘transformational leader.’ Finally, please identify the research results that reflect the
effectiveness of the transformational leadership style.
6. Using the graph that the instructor presented, please identify and discuss the different forms of ethical leadership behavior, including a discussion of the differences between the utilitarian principles and the ethical principles
presented by John Rawls and Patricia Werhane.
7. Please describe what differentiates ‘functional’ conflict from ‘dysfunctional’ conflict and how this/these differences relate to the ‘traditional’ view of conflict and the ‘interactive’ view. Finally, please identify the reasons that
support the ‘interactionist’ view as being the most effective.
8. Please present the Thomas-Kilmann Model of Conflict Management, including describing each of the styles. Also, please discuss the strengths (pros) and weaknesses (cons) of each style of conflict management, as identified by
Thomas and Kilmann.