1. Select a newspaper article (New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, or other appropriate quality journalism cite) which addresses a current Employment Law topic. A good place to look would be in the business pages or an analysis of a Supreme Court decision. You have access to these newspapers free of charge through the University�s library. You should select a news article and not an “opinion” piece.
2. Summarize the article. Ensure that you identify the source of the article and date in your summary. In addition, you should attach the article or provide a link to it so we can read the original article. The heading for your post should contain a short title that will entice other students to read your article. Do not simply “copy” large portions of the article. The writing skill of summarizing will be evaluated.
3. Identify and describe/explain any legal or ethical issue(s) and their relationship to the context of proper HR management
4. Discuss how the event/case/issue is relevant to the course. i.e. it addresses and expands on material discussed in a specific chapter etc. Be specific.
5. Discuss the implications of the current event and any legal and/or ethical issues in the context of employment in the domestic and/or global business environment.