Must equal to 1,500 words or more with intext citation and at least 3 scholarly sources
1. List and explain the meaning of the twelve standards of policing proposed by Robert Peel. Explain why each of these principles is still important today.
2. Review the changes in policing that occurred as a result of the reforms advocated by August Vollmer. How do these changes compare to the principles of Community Policing (see Chapters 5 and 6), CompStat, and PEPPAS?
3. Review Wilson’s three operational styles and the four major functions of police departments. Is a particular style best suited to a particular function? Is more than one style appropriate for a particular function? Explain.
4. Review the Law Enforcement Officer Code of Ethics in Figure 6.1 on page 183. Which three Canons are the most important and why?
You are the commander of the operations division of a medium-sized police department, in charge of the patrol, criminal investigation, and traffic sections.
5. a. What would you do if several officers from each of the sections came to you and said that they believed that job stress was hindering officer performance and endangering the health of several officers in each of the units?
6.b. How would you go about validating their claims of job stress in the work environment?
7. c. If it were determined that stressors such as too frequent shift changes, poor communication among the various ranks, and a lack of sufficient safety equipment were present, what would be your plan to improve working conditions and reduce job stress?
8. d. Provide a step-by-step summary of what you would do.