High reliability organizations (HROs) are organizations that have developed methods for achieving safety despite hazardous conditions (e.g., the airline industry). Literature suggests that it possible for health care organizations to also become HROs. For this assignment, conduct the following:
- Research the concept of HROs, and discuss how they can transform health care.
- Discuss why little progress has been made in health care toward becoming an HRO.
- Explain what improvements can be made or adopted by health care organizations that strive to become HROs, and discuss the role of the patient, provider, and other stakeholders.
- Explain the potential interest of the payer in an HRO.
Assignment 1: Human Resource Management Overview
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Using the course readings, articles, and your personal experiences, address the role of human resource management.
Write a six (6) page paper in which you:
- Determine key roles that human resource management plays in the health care field.
- Evaluate three to five (3-5) functions of human resource management in terms of their level of support to the health care field, and then select which one you believe is the primary function in furthering the health care field.
- Analyze the role of human resource management in an organization’s strategic plan.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.