Assume that you are a Quality Officer who is responsible for one of the state’s largest healthcare organizations. You have been told that the quality of patient care has decreased, and you have been assigned a project that is geared toward increasing quality of care for the patients. Your Chief Executive Officer has requested a six to eight-page summary of your recommended initiatives.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
- Analyze three (3) quality initiatives for your organization.
- Determine the supporting factors that would aid in the reduction of healthcare cost in your organization without reducing quality of care for the patients.
- Differentiate between quality in a free market healthcare system and in single payer government system with three (3) examples for each.
- Specify three (3) common law quality initiatives that are still found in 21st century healthcare organizations.
- Defend your position on the importance of healthcare quality for your organization. Provide support with at least three (3) examples that illustrate your position.
- Assemble a plan to protect patient information that complies with all legal requirements.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.