1. Read Chapter 4 in The Well-Managed Healthcare Organization.
2. Read Chapter 14 in The Well-Managed Healthcare Organization.
3. Write a three-page paper, not including your title page and reference page, answering the following questions from the perspective of the Chairman of the Board at a for-profit HCO:
1. How would you utilize internal consulting to support the Governing Board?
2. How would you assess the performance of the Governing Board?
3. How would you handle a situation where there needed to be intervention regarding the CEO’s performance?
4. In the paper, be sure to:
1. Analyze the role of internal consulting in supporting the Governing Board.
2. Evaluate the functions of the Governing Board.
3. Compare and contrast approaches to CEO performance intervention.
4. Apply Biblical principles found in the workshop devotional: People Problems.
5. Defend your position, citing any research and/or evidence to support your arguments.