Acquiring health information systems requires astute leadership. An acquisition is migrating from one system to another. The imposition and realization of applicable standards, system requirements, legalities, finances, human resources, and need must all be considered before an acquisition can be successfully executed. Review the case, Acquiring an EHR System, from pages 215-218 of your course text. In a 300-word initial post, discuss the pros and cons of the case by addressing the following questions:
- Discuss the main concept(s) of the case.
- Discuss personnel(s) who was/were involved in the acquisition.
- Discuss the system(s) that was/were acquired.
- Highlight the positives (pros) of the acquisition.
- Highlight the negatives (cons) of the acquisition.